At the beginning of Spring this year, I posted the essay below. It's being posted again because: it still applies; and recently, Trump has started (just barely) to pretend he is some sort of reasonable Moderate... rather than the unstable nutcake that he really is.
Points For and Against the Current Oval Office Occupier
1. He kept us out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). I've covered the disastrous downside of that Trade Pact elsewhere on this venue, so won't go into it again in this piece. Talks related to joining the TPP were started under Dubya Bush, and accelerated under Obama. Trump killed it his first day in office.
If interested in why the TPP is the worst Trade Treaty in history, use this blog's Search function to locate my assessment of it. Or even better, Google/Bing/etc. : Lori Wallach and the TPP.
2. There is no number 2. I was tempted to list his meetings with North Korea, but decided against it because he's the one who provoked that country with virtually insane threats of nuclear annihilation. The person really responsible for averting (for now, at least) catastrophe is the President of South Korea, Moon Jae-in.
1. He's a serial liar; he, himself, has proven that over, and over, and over. In terms of frequency of lying, Trump beats out both Dubya Bush and Obama... which I didn't think was possible by anyone.
2. He's mentally unstable, and thus emotionally unfit to be in any political office, much less the Presidency. He, himself, has proven that over, and over, and over. Now admittedly, I've had only a couple university pysch courses; however, you don't have to be a master carpenter to recognize a shack. 😊 Plus, there's a long list of psychologists and psychiatrists who have stated that he needs to be professionally examined.
3. Based on his words and actions, he doesn't have a broad understanding of anything that a President should know. His understanding of key issues, world affairs, diplomacy, statesmanship, war, the economy, the environment, fiscal and monetary matters, cultural matters, science, genuine capitalism, the Law, health matters, etc. is so limited as to be nothing short of comical.
4. He promotes divisiveness in our country and in the world. Plus, such promotion is not inadvertent. He does it on purpose.
5. While in office (never mind previous to that), he has violated Laws of the Land. Here's only one example---
Read it carefully. The acronyms and other abbreviations used are not as confusing as they first appear.
6. He doesn't have even a rudimentary understanding of the United States Constitution. Many times, he has violated his Oath of Office by failing to "preserve, protect, and defend" the Constitution. For example, he (like many other Presidents) has violated the War Clause of Article I, Section 8. Another example--- the Executive Branch (of which he's in charge) violates the Fourth Amendment on an almost daily basis. Another example--- it's crystal clear that Trump is violating the Emoluments portion of Article I, Section 9 (the Nobility Clause).
7. As President, his conflicts of interest truly are beyond the pale.
8. Similar to numbers 1 & 2 above, Trump is the King of Public Gaslighters. Nothing he says can be trusted.
9. He cares not at all for the common people of this country. He's merely manipulating & using some of us in order to further enrich himself. This is so obvious that it's painful. Some of his supporters finally have realized it.
10. He is both an embarrassment and a danger to this country. I've detailed all that in previous posts, so enough said.
Not only my opinion. Be Well
p.s. For any new readers, I'm not a Republican or a Democrat. Ironically, neither is The Don.