Wednesday, June 21, 2017
First, let me state clearly that I'm in favor of alternative currency. It should be obvious that the U.S. fiat Dollar is crashing...and it's not the only one doing so. Nevertheless, it's important to note the misrepresentations and falsehoods regarding all crypto-currencies...as follows.
1. The implication coming from crypto people is that Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. can be used legally in "money" transactions, and that the crypto-"coins" are not regulated (or barely so) by the Feds. False. The first law that applies to them is the Legal Tender Law, Section 5103 of Title 31 (U.S. Code/USC), which delineates exactly what is acceptable as currency. Guess what? All the listed items are issued by some portion of the Gov't or the Fed Reserve. Crypto-"currency" is not Legal Tender. The Cryptos also fall under several regulations having to do with commodities...because that's what the Feds have designated them as---commodities, not currencies.
2. Another implication is that because of "blockchain" technology, crypto people will be able to be anonymous, have their own "banks", and avoid the IRS. All I can say to that is don't be naive. DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (founded in 1958), created the High Tech world. If they can't master "blockchain", all they have to do is offer $500,000 (or a million) to some independent contractor or two to do it. The line of applicants will be a mile long.
3. Finally, there's a strong implication (sometimes an outright claim) from crypto promoters that not only is the Crypto-World anonymous, but it's also safe. False. There is a War on Crypto-Currencies being waged by the Feds and others. Currently, it's a quiet war. If need be, though, it will get loud and nasty. Don't think for one minute that the Powers-That-Be simply will roll over and watch their fiat Dollar be replaced by some private alternative. [Japan appears to be an exception to that.] If push comes to shove, they will designate all crypto people "financial terrorists" and a threat to national security. With current laws already in place, you then will be subject to arrest without a proper warrant, being held incommunicado, and being held indefinitely without a trial.
The Elites already are emphasizing the "criminal money-laundering" aspect of Cryptos. In addition, it's becoming more & more difficult even to access crypto websites. None of this is a coincidence. The war is on, and if you're attempting to use Cryptos as CURRENCY, you are a target. Lastly, anyone who believes that he/she can do any type of electronic transaction deemed by the Feds to be undesirable, and do it anonymously, is behind on the learning curve relative to what the NSA & other Fed agencies are doing.
The only way Cryptos ever will be Legal Tender in the USA is if only the Fed Reserve produces and distributes them. The Elites won't allow anything else...and they will fight tooth & nail to make certain the Dollar (or its official replacement) remains King.
Not only my opinion. Be Well
Monday, June 12, 2017
Years ago, Elites (public and private) co-opted the Congressional powers to start a war, issue assassination orders, & make rules concerning captured enemies... and gave them to the Executive Branch. The Powers-That-Be then announced that the entire world is a battlefield, and that the people we're fighting are neither soldiers or criminals. Instead, they are "enemy combatants". In this new Orwellian world, that means---according to most politicians---those enemies have no rights of any kind. Furthermore, those people even suspected of being such an enemy also have no rights. They can be kidnapped, rendered to allies with no ethics, tortured, held incommunicado, and even imprisoned indefinitely. This is not only unethical, immoral, & unconstitutional, it's insane as well.
All of the above has resulted in Perpetual War...which is both Machiavellian and Orwellian. It's also a very good thing for Mega Bankers and the War Industry...commonly referred to as the Defense Industry.
For ten years, I've been pointing out here on this blog that the Constitution is crystal clear on this whole issue. Only Congress has the delegated power to start a war. [Article I, Section 8] The Executive Branch, with the President as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces [Article II, Section 2], manages the war after it has been started by Congress. The Supreme Law of the Land is so clear on this matter that one doesn't even have to be an attorney, much less a Supreme Court Justice, to understand it. The Constitution also assigns Congress the power and duty to "...make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water". [Article I, Section 8] The CIA and the Military (i.e., Executive Branch) are not given that power. Finally, only Congress has the power to issue "Letters of Marque and Reprisal" (assassination orders). [Article I, Section 8] The President does not have that power.
Imagine my joy when finally I heard on the News last night these words from Representative John Garamendi of California: "Congress has the only power to declare war. It's in the Constitution. And yet, in all the seven and a half years I've been in Congress, we have never taken up the issue of war.". He's one of ten Congress people who are co-sponsoring a legislative bill to de-fund the Afghan War... a war that's been ongoing for over sixteen years, and has no end in sight. Three of the co-sponsors of the bill are Republicans and seven are Democrats. At least it's a start. From what I've heard so far, it doesn't return the powers (described above) stolen from Congress, but it's a start.
Those politicians in DC who believe that Laws passed by Congress and/or Executive Orders can over-ride the U.S. Constitution by transferring Congressional powers to the Executive Branch are violating their oath of office to "preserve, protect, and defend" that document. The same is true of those who believe because the President is Commander-in-Chief, he/she has the power to decide when a war begins, who is to be assassinated, and which rules apply to captured enemies. Being Commander-in-Chief does not mean one is allowed to ignore or bypass other parts of the Constitution. Those powers have been seized by the Executive in an unconstitutional manner. The President never had those powers, and still doesn't...at least, not legally.
Critics in office say the Supreme Law of the Land is out-of-date. So...change it. There are ways to do that...legally. Critics then say, it's too difficult. Yes, and purposely so, but it's not impossible. It has been done over two dozen times. Instead of violating your oath of office, get off your lazy butts and try to change it. I suspect the reason none of you do is because then you also would have to deal with an Amendment for Term Limits...which would be the best change for this country in a good long while.
Not only my opinion. Be Well
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Below is a copy of most of an email I sent to my son, other family members, & a few friends.
As to Comey's testimony---
1. Regarding who's lying, Trump or Comey, The Don is the loser...Trump is lying...it's not even close.
2. McCain sounded like a befuddled old man:
more than once, he referred to Pres. Trump as Pres. Comey; and more importantly, he couldn't seem to keep the difference between two investigations straight. His questions were just bizarre.
3. I'm not a fan of Comey's (or for that matter, some of what the FBI does---such as sometimes writing their own Search Warrants), but I'll say this: after watching all 2+ hrs of his testimony, I'm convinced that in that particular matter he was professional, truthful, totally open, and did a bang-up job. Compared to Comey, Trump has proven himself to be unprofessional, ignorant, clownish, & an unrepentant liar. Why he's still in office is beyond my comprehension.
The Repubs most likely won't vote for Impeachment (although that's not guaranteed...I imagine many would rather see Pence as Pres.), but I still predict that Trump will be out before the end of his 1st 4 yrs. The probability of that is very high.
Friday, May 26, 2017
Following are just a few bits of evidence supporting the assertion in the title above. This all applies throughout the Western World, but especially in the Land I love, the USA.
1. The word "war" no longer means war. Instead, it means "leading the world", or "fighting terrorism", or "protecting our allies", or "spreading democracy", etc. More importantly, war now can be waged at the sole discretion of the Executive Branch in the USA...a direct violation of the Supreme Law of the Land. They say it's not war. That's very Orwellian...any time our Gov't bombs another country, anyone with any common sense at all knows that's an act of war. Congressional approval is no longer sought. The concept of Unitary Executive Power reigns supreme in our Orwellian Gov't; it has for years & years. As in Orwell's novel, 1984, the meanings of key words are being manipulated/changed by the highest levels of our Gov't and by other Elites.
Very recently, our President gave an anti-terrorism speech to the Sunni rulers of Saudi Arabia. The extremist Sunni Sect of Wahhabism (adhered to by ISIS & Al Qaeda), which is spread around the world by "True Believers", is Saudi State-sponsored. Trump then announced billions of dollars in military hardware sales to the Saudis...pretty much on the heels of Obama's similar action when he was President. Then The Don joined in some kind of silly, celebratory "sword dance" (or something). All of this is Orwellian to the max. On top of that, our military is helping the Saudis (logistics, targeting, & equipment) in their devastating war in Yemen. The Saudis are bombing schools, hospitals, public water facilities, and civilians in general. The country is on the verge of famine, cholera is spreading, and hundreds upon hundreds of children have been killed by bombs. This is a Sunni-Shia war; it has little or nothing to do with terrorism, that is to say, the type of terrorism Trump claims to be fighting.
2. For some time now in the USA, due to CIVIL Asset Forfeiture, a person's property (perhaps certain tools, or a "large" amount of cash, and other things) can be seized by the Authorities without any warrant or arrest just because the items seem SUSPICIOUS. Law Enforcement people will say, yes, but if everything turns out to be innocent, then you can get your property back. Try that sometime. See how much time, effort, and money it takes. Sometimes the property is auctioned off before your months-long quest to retrieve it is completed. Often you are stalled in your efforts into infinity, and nothing ever gets resolved. Local and regional governments are so strapped for income that they resort to exorbitant fines, asset forfeiture, and outrageous fees in order simply to survive. That's primarily because their manufacturing tax base has moved out of the country. Local governments often are just as dictatorial as the Fed Gov't sometimes is; that's especially true of County governments. 1984.
3. Presumption of Innocence until proven guilty, especially in the international arena, is pretty much dead. One example: the gassing of civilians in Syria. It has not been proven that Assad was responsible. Some people simply assumed it because, by most accounts, the guy is a brutal dictator. Trump then fires missiles, attacks a sovereign country...an act of war...without any Congressional approval. By the way, about half the missiles missed the airbase, and the other half hit nothing of critical importance. Most planes were not hit, the runway was undamaged, and planes flew out of there the very next day. Nevertheless, none of it should have happened; it was all illegal. Plus, where's the proof that Assad was the culprit in the gas attack? The Unitary Executive concept rules. That's totalitarian absolutism. Just because it was exercised against a supposedly bad apple does not excuse it. The President is not above the Law, regardless of what the elite government lawyers claim.
4. On the domestic front, due process has been disappearing for years. Without any proper warrant, our private data can be mined, our property sometimes can be seized, and we can be spied upon at will by the Fed Gov't. Americans don't seem to understand that it isn't only the suspicious people who are being spied upon by the Feds...it's everyone. Orwellian. To top it off, high officials such as James Clapper are allowed to lie while testifying before Congress about this spying...with no penalty. Lying while testifying before Congress is a felony. Where is the Rule of Law?
In addition, too many people (suspects) are being shot in the back, TASED & then shot, handcuffed & then TASED repeatedly, forced to die of thirst while being held in jail, beaten to a pulp after surrendering, repeatedly harassed for exposing wrongdoing by authorities, arrested on bogus charges which the authorities know will be dismissed, etc., ad nauseam & ad infinitum. Orwellian.
If we are to have any chance of overcoming all this, then it seems to me we should consider doing the following.
1. Start with the premise that most Elites (public & private) are not working in favor of Main Street.
2. Stop drinking the Propaganda Kool Aid coming from the Elites on the political Right and Left.
3. Shun the disastrous, dictatorial, so-called Two-Party political system in the USA. It's a sham.
4. Shun Corporatism whenever possible.
5. Understand that effective Propaganda always has some elements of truth in it. That doesn't mean any conclusions put forth are accurate or logical.
6. Think critically. Don't be gullible, and beware of great-sounding catch phrases.
7. Hold all politicians not only to the Rule of Law, but to high ethical standards as well.
8. Speak out. Be a whistleblower. Governments are not above the Law...except in an Orwellian world.
9. Abraham Lincoln once said, "Factions destroy republics.". Instead of Red or Blue, consider Purple. Be an Independent.
Not only my opinion. Be Well
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Trump is (& has been) up to something; WHAT is not clear. His actions can't just be chalked up to "he's a rebel politician". Being petty, petulant, paranoid, ignorant, unprofessional, reckless, & immature (the way Trump is) never would serve a rebel well. Something else is going on.
I certainly don't know, but maybe it's one or more of the following:
1. he's using his office to further enrich himself; or,
2. it's all a ploy to get Pence in as President; or,
3. Trump is angling to repay the Bankers who bailed him out years ago; or,
4. he really is an ignorant, petty, empty suit; or,
5. he's mentally ill, or becoming senile; or,
6. some combination of the above.
Most of the people of the world must be laughing themselves silly because of us having such a buffoon as our "leader". Or, perhaps they're crying because he's so ignorant and dangerous. Donald Trump has to be the most incompetent, ignorant, rude, and downright dangerous President this country ever has had.
The fact that he got elected really is a testament to how desperate Americans were for a change in the status quo. His Fascist idiocy never would have been supported under normal circumstances. The Corporatist Coup in this Land (ongoing with every Administration since 1981) is now complete.
Jefferson and Madison (both of whom were Elites) warned us way back at the beginning of our Gov't that this very thing was likely to happen...unless we remained vigilant. We didn't remain so. Our Founders are turning in their graves. The Republic of the USA now exists totally in name only.
Not only my opinion. Be Well
Monday, April 17, 2017
civilians from any of that. It amazes me how some Americans, especially some supposedly "Conservative" Americans, ignore facts, the Constitution, & history and immediately wrap themselves in the flag whenever any group of conniving politicians starts beating the war drums. Our history as a nation is replete with examples of that. Here are the real reasons those drums are beating so loudly; this is why private and public Oligarchs now constantly are angling for another major war. The following points are the main reasons why "Republicans" are so loud and "Democrats" are virtually silent (and thus complicit) on the whole war mess---
1. The fiat Dollar's status as the world's reserve currency is being seriously threatened. Countries not only are dumping Dollars, but also are joining together in agreements that bypass the Dollar completely. That's especially true regarding Russia, China, and other countries in Asia...but also elsewhere. [Many countries appear to be fed up with the financial & economic Bully-Boy tactics of the highest levels of our Gov't...and justifiably so.] The PetroDollar is on its last legs everywhere; its collapse is fairly imminent. The USA's military, which essentially is the Fed Reserve's enforcement/intimidation arm, often has been used to keep countries in line relative to the dominance of the Dollar. [That's probably why Saddam was taken out. He was on the verge of selling oil in non-Dollar currency. Libya and Iran were threatening to do the same.] Without that Dollar dominance, our fiat Dollar and debt-based economy would be toast...much more than both are already.
2. The Global Debt Bubble, which is a gazillion times larger than the Stock Market Bubble, is on the verge of bursting. Arguably, it could be said that it's already bursting. I suspect that most Oligarchs (especially those in public office) think another major war will kick the can down the road. Except for the "Defense" (which should be "War") Sector of the Stock Market, investors then would turn to the Bond Market (which should be the DEBT Market)...because they perceive it as less risky.
3. I also believe that, above all else, Oligarchs have a great desire to keep our debt-based economy rolling along. Why? Because it transfers wealth from the Poor and Middle Classes to the Upper Crust better than anything since Feudalism. Adjusting for inflation, in the last thirty years or so the incomes of the Super-Rich have gone up by 700%. In the same period, the incomes of the rest of us have remained relatively flat. Our economy primarily is based on two things: Debt, and War (referred to as "Defense" by the Oligarchy). Since the advent of rampant Financialization, "average" Americans have had to go into fairly massive debt in an attempt to simply stay even in terms of lifestyle. Unfortunately, that debt isn't doing the job in most cases. Close to 50% of us are living in poverty or near-poverty, and the Middle Class basically has been hollowed out. Most Oligarchs don't appear to care, but they have very effective Propaganda techniques to make some people think they do care. Plus, they have tried & tested diversion techniques (such as war, the Two-Party political system, phony "Populist" movements, etc.) to distract us from the greatest transfer of wealth in human history. [As I've stated several times, none of this is a grand "conspiracy". Oligarchs mostly do all this simply because they have mutual interests and objectives; it's merely "good business" practice to them. Sometimes they work together, but most of the time it's done independent of one another. Even if it were a "conspiracy", of what use would that knowledge be?]
Side Notes: here's a little history---
1. Since the end of the Korean Conflict [that's the official, technical name...because then supposedly our participation in that war doesn't violate the Constitution] in the early 1950's, our Gov't has had nuclear weapons in S. Korea aimed at N. Korea. Is it any surprise then that N. Korea has developed nukes?
2. Not too many years ago, N. Korea offered to freeze its nuke program in exchange for concessions (such as the lifting of economic/financial sanctions) from our Fed Gov't. Our Gov't refused even to have talks about that proposal.
3. Even more recently, N. Korea offered to freeze its weapons-delivery program in exchange for the lifting of sanctions. Again, our Gov't refused to have talks about it.
4. China has been trying for years to get our Gov't to just sit down and talk with N. Korea. No luck.
5. The 1950's Korean "War" never officially ended. A "Cease-Fire" Agreement was made between military muckiwups on both sides, but the Gov'ts involved have not yet signed a Peace Treaty. Technically, they're all still at war. Any good or common sense appears to be lacking on both sides.
6. Various reports indicate that most of N. Korea is experiencing famine to one degree or another. The Gov't there is desperate for relief...one way or another. I can't think of one good reason for not sitting down and having talks with them...rather than threatening an unconstitutional First-Strike with a nuclear option.
It should be obvious by now that Hillary Trump is not: "America First", or "draining the swamp" in DC, or going to favor the little guy over outfits like Goldman Sachs (now, even more so, it's Gov't Sachs), or going to make sure that "everyone has healthcare", etc., etc., etc...ad nauseam. The man is Same-Old, Same- Old, except that he's a much more dangerous version.
Relative to the title of this piece, the bottom line is this--- the war drums are all about maintaining the American Empire, the world fiat Dollar, our debt-based economy, and the tools that make the Super-Rich richer. They have almost nothing to do with saving average people or helping other countries.
Not only my opinion. Be Well
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
As reported on the Democracy Now news hour yesterday (you won't find this on the Corporate News Media, such as NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, etc.)---
1. The missiles used in the unconstitutional attack on Syria that was ordered by Trump have a price tag of over $1 million each.
2. After the attack, Raytheon (the maker of those missiles) had a big increase in their stock on Wall Street. Their total stock value jumped up by about $1 billion.
3. Trump has investments in Raytheon, so he benefitted directly.
Perhaps it was all an innocent coincidence. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions. Be well.