Monday, April 17, 2017
civilians from any of that. It amazes me how some Americans, especially some supposedly "Conservative" Americans, ignore facts, the Constitution, & history and immediately wrap themselves in the flag whenever any group of conniving politicians starts beating the war drums. Our history as a nation is replete with examples of that. Here are the real reasons those drums are beating so loudly; this is why private and public Oligarchs now constantly are angling for another major war. The following points are the main reasons why "Republicans" are so loud and "Democrats" are virtually silent (and thus complicit) on the whole war mess---
1. The fiat Dollar's status as the world's reserve currency is being seriously threatened. Countries not only are dumping Dollars, but also are joining together in agreements that bypass the Dollar completely. That's especially true regarding Russia, China, and other countries in Asia...but also elsewhere. [Many countries appear to be fed up with the financial & economic Bully-Boy tactics of the highest levels of our Gov't...and justifiably so.] The PetroDollar is on its last legs everywhere; its collapse is fairly imminent. The USA's military, which essentially is the Fed Reserve's enforcement/intimidation arm, often has been used to keep countries in line relative to the dominance of the Dollar. [That's probably why Saddam was taken out. He was on the verge of selling oil in non-Dollar currency. Libya and Iran were threatening to do the same.] Without that Dollar dominance, our fiat Dollar and debt-based economy would be toast...much more than both are already.
2. The Global Debt Bubble, which is a gazillion times larger than the Stock Market Bubble, is on the verge of bursting. Arguably, it could be said that it's already bursting. I suspect that most Oligarchs (especially those in public office) think another major war will kick the can down the road. Except for the "Defense" (which should be "War") Sector of the Stock Market, investors then would turn to the Bond Market (which should be the DEBT Market)...because they perceive it as less risky.
3. I also believe that, above all else, Oligarchs have a great desire to keep our debt-based economy rolling along. Why? Because it transfers wealth from the Poor and Middle Classes to the Upper Crust better than anything since Feudalism. Adjusting for inflation, in the last thirty years or so the incomes of the Super-Rich have gone up by 700%. In the same period, the incomes of the rest of us have remained relatively flat. Our economy primarily is based on two things: Debt, and War (referred to as "Defense" by the Oligarchy). Since the advent of rampant Financialization, "average" Americans have had to go into fairly massive debt in an attempt to simply stay even in terms of lifestyle. Unfortunately, that debt isn't doing the job in most cases. Close to 50% of us are living in poverty or near-poverty, and the Middle Class basically has been hollowed out. Most Oligarchs don't appear to care, but they have very effective Propaganda techniques to make some people think they do care. Plus, they have tried & tested diversion techniques (such as war, the Two-Party political system, phony "Populist" movements, etc.) to distract us from the greatest transfer of wealth in human history. [As I've stated several times, none of this is a grand "conspiracy". Oligarchs mostly do all this simply because they have mutual interests and objectives; it's merely "good business" practice to them. Sometimes they work together, but most of the time it's done independent of one another. Even if it were a "conspiracy", of what use would that knowledge be?]
Side Notes: here's a little history---
1. Since the end of the Korean Conflict [that's the official, technical name...because then supposedly our participation in that war doesn't violate the Constitution] in the early 1950's, our Gov't has had nuclear weapons in S. Korea aimed at N. Korea. Is it any surprise then that N. Korea has developed nukes?
2. Not too many years ago, N. Korea offered to freeze its nuke program in exchange for concessions (such as the lifting of economic/financial sanctions) from our Fed Gov't. Our Gov't refused even to have talks about that proposal.
3. Even more recently, N. Korea offered to freeze its weapons-delivery program in exchange for the lifting of sanctions. Again, our Gov't refused to have talks about it.
4. China has been trying for years to get our Gov't to just sit down and talk with N. Korea. No luck.
5. The 1950's Korean "War" never officially ended. A "Cease-Fire" Agreement was made between military muckiwups on both sides, but the Gov'ts involved have not yet signed a Peace Treaty. Technically, they're all still at war. Any good or common sense appears to be lacking on both sides.
6. Various reports indicate that most of N. Korea is experiencing famine to one degree or another. The Gov't there is desperate for relief...one way or another. I can't think of one good reason for not sitting down and having talks with them...rather than threatening an unconstitutional First-Strike with a nuclear option.
It should be obvious by now that Hillary Trump is not: "America First", or "draining the swamp" in DC, or going to favor the little guy over outfits like Goldman Sachs (now, even more so, it's Gov't Sachs), or going to make sure that "everyone has healthcare", etc., etc., etc...ad nauseam. The man is Same-Old, Same- Old, except that he's a much more dangerous version.
Relative to the title of this piece, the bottom line is this--- the war drums are all about maintaining the American Empire, the world fiat Dollar, our debt-based economy, and the tools that make the Super-Rich richer. They have almost nothing to do with saving average people or helping other countries.
Not only my opinion. Be Well