Wednesday, October 19, 2016
If this whole situation weren't so tragic, it would be absolutely comical. The performances of both candidates can be summarized with the following words---
These two puppets are supposed to be the best this country has to offer for the highest leadership position in the Land. Good grief---no matter who wins, we are totally shafted. With one, we'll get who-knows-what...and craziness. With the other, we'll get much more Neoliberalism...which is a polite form of craziness, elitism, and economic disaster. With both, we'll get acceleration of the rush to NeoFeudalism... and probably WAR.
Boycott the election, or vote for a worthy alternative candidate. Boycotting is best because the election already is over---whichever candidate is installed into office in January, the International Financial Coterie has won. SSDD. All we can do is send a powerful, peaceful, legal message (by boycotting), and then work outside the corrupt system to eliminate elitism-Neoliberalism-Oligarchy and bring about genuine democracy. STEP ONE is to stop drinking the Edward Bernays style Propaganda Kool Aid being promulgated by the State-Corporate-Financial Complex.
This election is the worst political farce I've seen in my entire life...and I was born in 1942.
Not only my opinion. Be Well
Monday, October 17, 2016
1. Notice how the Corporate Media and the Democratic Party Machine have responded to the leaked transcripts/excerpts of Clinton's highly paid speeches to Mega Bankers and other Mega Corporations: "Russian hackers did it; they're trying to influence the election here."...little to no discussion of what Hillary said in those speeches. That's because some of the content of those talks largely contradicts the Propaganda that she's some sort of Populist. If Hillary Clinton is any kind of Populist, then I'm a Chinese astronaut. I can see why most likely she was never going to release those transcripts. The texts/quotes are online; see for yourself.
2. From the leaked Democratic Party Hierarchy emails, it's now obvious that the Sanders campaign was targeted for destruction by the Corporatist Democrats from the very beginning. Of course, it was fairly obvious as it unfolded... well before the leaks. Keep in mind that Party Hierarchies are supposed to be completely neutral regarding Primary candidates.
3. Trump is complaining that the Corporate Media favor Clinton (which is true), but fails to mention that during the Republican Primaries he was given more exposure to the voters than all the other candidates combined. That's because his idiocy was a money-maker for them. The Corporate Head of CBS freely admitted as much. Candidates such as Rand Paul, because he favored a non-militaristic foreign policy, were given such short shrift by the Media that at times I wondered if he had dropped out of the race... before he did drop out.
4. The current Administration continues its unconstitutional War in Syria. Yes, the Assad Regime is brutal and ISIS is brutal---bombing civilians (including children), hospitals, schools, etc. Here's what the Administration here fails to mention: the US Gov't-backed, Saudi-led Coalition is doing the same thing in Yemen. Our Gov't helps by refueling bombers, providing intelligence, and providing weapons. Obama recently approved a $38 billion military aid package for Saudi Arabia. Not long ago, a funeral home was bombed in Yemen; dozens & dozens of civilians were killed. Just before that, a hospital was bombed. Since the beginning of that war, over 900 children have been killed. All that because of the Sunni-Shia conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran... and our Govt's "help". Shame on the highest levels of the US Gov't.
5. Both public and private, the Powers-That-Be continue to use ISIS as an excuse for US Gov't Hegemony throughout the world. At the same time, they criticize other major countries (China, Russia, Iran) for wanting to have a big influence in their respective regions. The US Powers can't stand it when some other country wants to exercise its own hegemony. Imagine that---some country wants to be influential in its own backyard. Well, we can't allow that! [Hypocrisy abounds.]
6. The Corporate Media here are so desperate to support the lie that our economy is "recovering" that they recently reported on thousands of temporary, holiday season jobs opening up. You know, the way those jobs open up every holiday season. This year they're being touted as something really special. According to the major stores with the openings, 90% of those jobs will be converted to full-time, permanent positions after the holidays. I seriously doubt that. It's much more likely that some permanent employees will be laid off after the holiday season. Our economy is worsening, not getting better... unless you're in the upper 10% or so.
Not only my opinion. Be Well