The clever, deceitful, ignorant, gaslighting, lying Trump ups the ante in Syria. Here are the problems with that--
1. There's no legal authority at all for the USA to attack Syria.
2. There's no legal authority at all for us even to be in Syria.
3. Trump & His Crew want a major war in the worst way.
4. It's all about economics & finance...nothing else.
5. A significant part of the world is waging an economic/financial war on the USA, the purpose of which is to end Dollar Hegemony.
6. The Fed Reserve is out of ammo (so to speak), so war is now the response by our Gov't...unless Russia & Iran act responsibly by not being goaded into a major conflict.
7. Once again, Trump has ignored/violated the Constitution.
8. Once again, Congress has abrogated its Constitutional duty relative to war.
9. The War Powers Act does not supercede the Constitution. Neither do Presidential orders.
10. Only Congress can initiate hostilities; The Commander-in-Chief then manages the war after Congress declares war.
That's how it works IF the Constitution is followed.
11. Republicans and Democrats have changed the Constitution without legally amending it. They've done that by passing unconstitutional laws, laws that contradict the Constitution. No one person or group has challenged those laws...either because they don't want to, or they don't have the time, effort, & money to take it all the way to the Supreme Court. A Justice Harlan warned about all this in 1901. He called it "Legislative Absolutism".
12. Finally, Republicans and Democrats have changed the common sense definition of War via Edward Bernays style Propaganda. The whole thing is Orwellian to the max.
Not only my opinion. Be Well