1. Unemployment is now at 8.5%. Facts--- When figuring unemployment, Feds do not include (because they can't) those who are no longer in "the system"--- such as those who have given up looking for work, and those who are grossly underemployed, and those who have temporary or part-time jobs. No one knows what the real number for unemployment may be, but it is certainly much higher than 8.5%.
2. The war in Iraq is over and our efforts were worthwhile. Facts--- Multiple, coordinated bomb attacks are ongoing; the Shiites and Sunnis are still at war with each other. Water and electricity still are not available 100% of the time in cities and towns. Almost two million Iraqis have emigrated from their country and they don't appear to be returning in any significant numbers. We still have a relatively small number of combat soldiers there. "Trainers" are combat soldiers. Finally, what happened to: "Iraqi oil will pay for most of our activities in Iraq."?
3. The dollar is still sound. [I'm not sure if the Oligarchs are pushing this falsehood anymore.] Facts--- In the last ten years, the dollar has lost 40% of its value. If you've had a bank savings account for the last ten years, 40% of the purchasing power in that account is gone. The dollar nowadays has no intrinsic value; its only value is that it's still (for the time being) the world's reserve currency. Several European countries, China, and Russia (and probably others I'm not aware of) are saying publicly that that has to change. According to them, the world will have a new reserve currency before too long.
4. The government of Iran is a threat to us and the world. Facts--- Iran is surrounded by military bases of the only country in history that has used nuclear weapons on civilians---and used them twice. No wonder they want a nuke. More to the point, the old USSR (whose leaders were at least as fanatical as those in Iran) had about 30,000 nukes; we were able to contain them. Iran is a lightweight compared to the old Soviets. The real reason we're rattling sabers at Iran is because, like Saddam did, they are preparing to accept Euros for oil---instead of dollars. That would not bode well for the health of the buck.
5. The Obama Administration works for all of us, especially the poor, the needy, the unemployed, the sick, the in-the-trenches military personnel, etc. Facts--- Our President is the best friend that the Oligarchs ever had. BP and other oil giants, health insurance companies, crooked investment bankers, and many other transnational corporations all have been served well by the current Administration. Example: they're all too big to jail after they commit crimes. Example: Obama expanded the war in Afghanistan and especially the secret wars in Yemen and Pakistan. [The one in Pakistan no longer is much of a secret.] Example: the President supports the actions of the Fed Reserve Chairman, who purposely has been devaluing the dollar for years. That negatively impacts us all.
Don't misunderstand, the Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats.
6. We elect Senators and Representatives; therefore, they represent us in a representative government. Facts--- This one is laughable. The last approval rating I saw for Congress was 9%---not 90%, but 9%. Now, thanks to the U.S. Supreme Court, election costs (including the Presidential election) can run into the billions of dollars---for a single election cycle. That's madness. The Oligarchs paying out those billions get their money's worth; they do not waste their large sums on the elections of people who will represent common folks. Surely we all know that. It should be an axiom. Our government no longer is representative in any sense of the word.
7. Finally, we live in a democracy. Facts--- The USA is (or was meant to be) a Republic. The differences between that and a democracy are significant. For example, in a democracy the emphasis is on the will of the majority; in a republic, the emphasis is on individual rights. In a republic, individual rights cannot be ignored simply because the majority so wishes in some specific instance. In a republic, one is free to do whatever one desires as long as the rights and property of others are not infringed upon. In a democracy, if the majority votes to give up a right (for example, the right to privacy or freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures), then all individuals must abide by that vote. That can only be done in a republic if the government resorts to Executive or Legislative Absolutism, which is exactly what has transpired in this country. In such a case, the republic ceases to exist.
One easily and accurately can argue that the USA no longer is a Republic. It was converted to a democracy primarily by Legislative Absolutism (passing laws with no regard for the limitations imposed by the Constitution), then became a Bribe-ocracy, and finally an Oligarchy or Plutocracy. In the current situation, nonelected Democrats and Republicans arguing over anything is both silly and pointless. The Oligarchs run the show.