For decades I've watched politicians, both Democrats and Republicans, flush my beloved country down the drain. It continues. Years ago, I believed in the Mainstream Political System, but I was looking only at the surface...& I was drinking the Propaganda Kool Aid, gulping it down. For the last several years, I've looked beneath the surface and discovered the utter fraud, sham, and tragedy/joke that is American Politics. The widespread deceit, corruption, and criminality is truly incredible. Some of it gets reported by the prostitute Corporate Media (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News, etc.), but much of it doesn't. One has to go to other sources. I'll illustrate, using only one other source.
The following items have been reported just recently on Democracy Now, the War and Peace Report, with Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez. Perhaps you saw one or more of these topics on Corporate Media broadcasts, but I'd be willing to bet not.
1. This year in Iraq there have been over 8,000 deaths as a result of the ongoing civil war there. That's their highest number of casualties in the last five years. The Sunnis and Shiites have not stopped killing each other. Electrical service still is not provided to large parts of that country on a consistent basis. Corruption in their government appears to be rampant. [It makes one wonder why it was that our Fed Gov't expended so much of our blood & treasure over there. Other than lots of big bucks for mega corporations, what did we accomplish?]
2. Only a short time ago, Obama had millions of dollars of arms sent to the Shiite gov't of Iraq...to help fight the "terrorists". I'll bet the Arms manufacturers here were very pleased. Our Fed Gov't fully supports the Shiite government of Iraq...so does Iran's gov't. I find that somewhat odd. Basically, our Gov't is taking sides in a foreign civil war, and stoking the fires of that war by helping to arm one side. A couple of Arab political analysts (in Western dress) found that to be rather bizarre. I agree.
3. Just the other day, our Fed Gov't killed four more terrorist SUSPECTS in Pakistan with yet another Drone attack. This despite the fact that the Pakistani Gov't has told us to stop infringing on the sovereignty of the Pakistani people...by launching Drone attacks. [You see, when our Gov't commits a crime, it's not a crime. That only applies to other countries. As Nixon said in a David Frost interview years ago, "When the President does it, it's not a crime."...I guess that principle still holds in DC today.] Sorry Pakistan, you don't have any sovereignty; so says the Big Bully U.S. Gov't.
4. A few days ago, fifteen SUSPECTS were killed in Yemen by a Drone attack. It turns out that they were merely a wedding party going to a reception. I imagine that the warmongers in DC will chalk it up to "collateral damage", maybe pay the victims' families a few thousand dollars, and then forget about it. [This is shameful. It's both immoral and unethical to go around killing suspects. Terrorists are not soldiers, they're criminals. The so-called "War on Terrorism" is not a war at all. That's propaganda. If you believe it is a war, please tell me, with which country are we at war? When soldiers go to war, it's against soldiers from another country. That's war. This terrorism situation is a law enforcement issue.]
5. Former President Bush (Dubya, not Daddy) recently cancelled an overseas trip. He did so because sixty Human Rights Organizations around the world have been compiling evidence to be used to indict and arrest him for using/approving/ordering the torture of terrorist suspects during his administration. [It's about time.] Any such arrest would occur outside of this country, and the country he was going to agreed to give it a go. [This story is not a spoof; it's true.] Bush admitted to approving "waterboarding" in his fairly recent book. Whether or not you agree that suffocating a person to a point just shy of death is torture or not is not relevant. This is relevant: every other country in the world believes that waterboarding is torture...even the few countries that do it. I agree. The fact that our Gov't did it is shameful and obscene...and UNAMERICAN. Just because certain criminals are Neanderthal brutes doesn't mean that we should be.
Some of you may disagree with my views above, but that's not the point. My point here is that I doubt you were aware of those stories if you listen to/watch only the Corporate Media. Those networks are in league with the Fed Gov't to one degree or another, or in league with the Oligarchs of the mega corporations, or both. We get only the news they want us to hear. [Not long ago, CBS reported that for some unknown reason a man set himself on fire in DC, and died. There was no follow-up story. I suspect that the act was some sort of protest against either the Fed Gov't or mega corporations, or both.]
Incidentally, my investigator reports that the rumor regarding Ibocaine use in DC appears to be true. He estimates that somewhere between 90% to 99% of the Fed politicians use the drug. You may recall from Part 3 of this series that Ibocaine ingestion causes one to lose integrity and become a scumbag. Don't confuse this drug with Ibogaine, a psychoactive substance that has been very successful in getting many people off heroin, the most addictive drug in the world. [Ibogaine is probably banned in this country, which makes about as much sense as the ban on industrial hemp...we're the only developed country in the world that prohibits farmers from raising industrial hemp, a crop that is small-farmer-friendly and the products of which could replace many energy-gorging petro-chemical products.]
Just my opinion.