Saturday, August 15, 2015

Part II: "Fixing" Our Government [Redux]


I posted this (below) about four months ago.  With a few very, very minor changes, I'm re-posting it now because I think it's important relative to the Kabuki Theater electioneering presently taking place.  [Sorry, but the format didn't copy correctly, and I don't have time to fix it.]

Below is my response to an email I received from some friends.  In their email, they talked about the importance of the right to vote, and the fact that they weren't clear on what my solution was to the problem of our governmental (& economic) mess. 

I suspect that you guys still think 
the Rotten System can be corrected from within the system.  If that were true, then it would be corrected by now... especially given that we've had at least 100 yrs to do so.  Keeping you in that Rigged Game is a huge part of the Propaganda.  Currently, voting at the national level is a complete waste of time, and more importantly, it perpetuates the Rigged Game.  That will change only when changes from outside the system force changes within the system.

As to clear answers on what to do, I agree with you, but only up to a certain point.  I think 
this is pretty clear: "As long as Americans stay stuck in this Repubs v. Dems charade, that all 
will continue.".  And this:  "...the very first step in "fixing" our Gov't and 
overcoming the Coup of Neoliberalism is this:  somehow we have to destroy and/or expose 
Edward Bernays style Propaganda.".  ["somehow" would include writing, talking, songs, other 
Art, discussions, websites, formal speeches, ads, flyers, and especially, organizing.] This stuff will 
not happen overnight, if at all.  
And this is clear: "Don't vote at the national level.".  The 
Establishment has to be shown that We the People are in charge.  When we vote, they know 
we're not.  I know, that sounds counterintuitive, but it's true.  [The Rich & Powerful select, 
groom, & finance probably 99% of all candidates at the national level.  The remaining 1% are marginalized by the corrupt system.  
So, how does voting 
help correct that?]  The top-down, dictatorial Republican & Democrat Parties (along with the Corporatocracy) will select 
total Yahoos for Presidential candidates in the next election.  Any 3rd Party doesn't have a 
chance in hell because of Propaganda, the Corporate Media, & harsh ballot-access laws.  
How does voting help correct that?  I'm serious.  Voting perpetuates the problem.

I don't know the complete solution to the problem, but I'm fairly certain of where to start.  
The Propaganda of the Neoliberals must be exposed...that's 1st.  Then, peaceful activism 
outside the Rotten System must be organized & instituted.  That means either 
individually, or in groups, or both, we have to boycott, demonstrate, & otherwise protest.  
That can be done any number of ways... it doesn't necessarily mean marching down the street 
with banners held high.  Many things can be done quietly & anonymously... e.g., boycotts of 
Mega Banks (who finance corrupt politicians).  Even in a dictatorship, public opinion matters; 
but making it matter requires hard work & solidarity.  Right now, Americans are so 
fragmented that it's no surprise we're essentially beaten.

There are many, many obstacles to solving America's mess.  One is that too many of us 
think that things can be solved fairly quickly... by voting, for example.  I don't have a lot of 
hope that Americans ever will overcome the Neoliberalism Coup, or even understand what 
that is.  But I keep writing & making vids... because I have very young grandchildren, & fear 
for their future.  NeoFeudalism is almost upon us.  Voting won't stop it.

Not just my opinion.  Be Well


No comments: