Saturday, November 7, 2015
The Powers-That-Be are Lying
The Oligarchs don't lie about everything, but there are several crucial subjects about which they do lie often. Following are some of those.
1. Price inflation is stagnant. The State-Corporate Complex can say this with a straight face because when they figure how much prices have increased, here's what's not included: the costs of food, housing, and energy. Those items are not part of what's called "core inflation". To give credit where it's due, the Powers-That-Be are correct regarding energy costs...even though those are not counted. Oil has tanked, no pun intended; that's good, but a guy like me drives only about 20 miles per week. "Low" gas prices don't make up for the constant increases in food and sundry grocery store items. Manufacturers of those goods either are raising prices outwardly or doing it surreptitiously by shrinking the size of product packages. Plus, rent for housing in the USA (with a few exceptions) is skyrocketing. An old dog like me cannot believe how high rental costs are nowadays.
2. Unemployment in the USA is now 5.X%. This lie is so egregious as to make one physically sick. Reputable, credible economists and former Fed Gov't officials all across the political spectrum estimate that the true unemployment rate is somewhere between 20% and 43%.
3. The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement will be good for everyday Americans. The details of that abomination now are finally public; some were released earlier by WikiLeaks, but now we have the entire disaster available for scrutiny. The critics (such as Lori Wallach of TradeWatch) are saying, "It's worse than we expected.", and they were harsh critics before the full text was released. I've written about this before, so I won't repeat myself. The details of this miserable Treaty can be found in lots of places, not the least of which is Citizen.org/TPP. Promotion of the TPP by many in Gov't, the Corporate Media, and various other Mega Corporations is proof positive that Oligarchs don't give a damn about us.
4. We are not at War...it's "counter-terrorism"; therefore, Geneva Conventions, Due Process, the Constitution in general, Ethics, and even Morality do not limit us when dealing with "enemy combatants". That lie is so outrageous and defies Logic so much that I'm beginning to think that George Orwell was the greatest political prophet in all of History...bar none. The Powers-That-Be are trying to sell us on the concept that the people we're fighting are neither soldiers nor criminals. Sorry, Oligarchs, they have to be one or the other. The term, "enemy combatant" is a fiction. Due Process applies to everyone, even soldiers or criminals. If it doesn't, we no longer are civilized, ethical beings.
5. It is necessary to monitor everyone in the National Surveillance State. Good grief, that is pure, unadulterated Propaganda...it's bullshit to the Nth Degree. Why people are buying into that is beyond my comprehension. Have mercy.
6. We are in an Economic Recovery. That statement is so blatantly ridiculous it defies not only Logic, but the imagination as well. All one has to do to see it's not true is take a little time to do a serious, critical study of our economic condition...utilizing a wide variety of credible sources while ignoring Propaganda from the State-Corporate Complex. The USA, and most of the world, is in a deep Recession and heading for a Depression that very well may be worse than the one in the 1930's.
It's important to keep in mind that when it's "crunch time", when Institutions are in a bind, any Institution will protect itself rather than individuals or Individual Rights. Natural Rights, possessed by all people, will be sacrificed by any Oligarchy upon the altar of expediency. It is Institutions that constantly must be monitored...by us. Remember the words of an Eastern philosopher: we be many; they be few. That is precisely why we are inundated totally with Propaganda from the State-Corporate Complex. It's important to us and future generations that we think critically, speak out, deny unwarranted power to Institutions run amok, boycott those entities that trash Natural Rights, and do it all peacefully. Violent actions beget more violence and complete suppression of the individual.
Not only my opinion. Be Well