Monday, December 7, 2015
Notice How the Corporate Media Take a Terrorism Story...
and beat it to death...over and over...day after day. I'm not saying these fanatical, philosophically ignorant, "true believers" are not dangerous (whether it's "jihadists" or some nut attacking Planned Parenthood), but the fact remains, you have more chance of being killed by lightning than by a terrorist. Plus, while the stories of terror attacks are "in-depth", there's hardly a peep from the Corporate Media about how the U.S. Govt's military misadventures (especially drone attacks) are generating terrorism, not preventing it.
Here's what we all really should be afraid of---
1. Neoliberal politicians---such as McConnell, McCain, Obama, Schumer, etc. ad nauseam---who are backing policies and laws that are destroying this great Land economically.
2. The fact that we are in a deep Recession with an imploding economy.
3. The fact that the world economy is in deep trouble...mostly because the Powers-That-Be still are shifting wealth from the Lower & Middle Classes to the Upper Crust...at an astounding pace.
4. The Fed Reserve engenders Boom-Bust economic cycles; it doesn't prevent them.
5. The true unemployment rate in America is somewhere between 20% and 40%.
6. The fact that Edward Bernays style Propaganda continues to mold minds to the benefit of the Rich and Powerful, and to the detriment of the rest of us.
I vote for some in-depth reporting on those fearsome items. I realize that the true economic situation may not be "flashy" news, but it's much more valuable than the fact that the latest nutcake criminal pledged her allegiance to ISIS...which I've heard on the Corporate Media now for about four straight days. Who gives a damn about to whom she pledged anything? Yes, Terrorism poses a danger of sorts; but Neoliberalism is a much greater danger. Bizarre financial derivatives and Financialization are much greater dangers. Wall Street still running amok is a much greater danger. Economic/Financial Bubbles bursting are a much greater danger...especially now. A Police State is a much greater danger. Outright lies by politicians and bureaucrats such as Clapper and Brennan and Obama and Trump are a much greater danger. Blatant Propaganda is a much greater danger. Criminal Mega Banks (whose CEOs think they are Masters of the Universe) are a much greater danger.
The Corporate Media are complicit with other Powers-That-Be (both public & private) in distracting, dividing, and in general, conquering Lower & Middle Class Americans, thus completely destroying the "American Dream". They all do it not just for money, but for power and control as well. Finally, once again, it's not any kind of grand "conspiracy".
Not only my opinion. Be Well