Saturday, July 30, 2016
The Farcical Kabuki Theater Election Campaigns Continue
NOTE: number 3 below was edited on 7-31-16.
1. It's all about the individual personal traits of the candidates. There has been close to nothing said about the ISSUES, especially not anything with any semblance of depth.
2. Trump continues to speak as though he's purposely throwing the election...about hacking Clinton's emails, and wanting to "hit" speakers at the Dem Convention, etc., etc. The Don is not Presidential.
3. Clinton continues to say whatever the Main Street Dems want to hear...even though her record is almost totally the opposite of what she is saying. Hillary is a Neoliberal Corporatist and a Perpetual War Hawk... ask the following people what they think about that statement: Chris Hedges, John Pilger, Jeremy Scahill, Cornel West, Michael Hudson, Steve Keen, John Perkins, Glenn Greenwald, Julian Assange, Eddie Glaude, Jill Stein, and many others. They all agree.
4. As far as can be seen by an examination of a wide variety of news sources, about two million votes STILL have not been counted in the California Primary Election a short while ago. Clinton "won" over Sanders by 440,000 votes or so. Well...maybe. We don't know that for certain.
5. The Repub Hierarchy continues to ignore (some with disdain) their Party's candidate. Again, this is highly suggestive of throwing the election.
6. Kaine has the gall to reference his experiences in Honduras (1980-1981) and what it was like to witness life in a dictatorship, but fails to mention that the dictatorship was installed and supported by the U.S. Gov't. He says all this on the heels of Clinton supporting a different, 2009 (I think that was the year) military coup and dictatorship in Honduras. That country keeps getting SSDD from our Gov't, including from former Secretary of State, Clinton.
7. Some Main Street Repubs (maybe 20% of registered voters), many who are so-called "Conservatives" (which nowadays means NeoCons or Neoliberals), continue to support a guy who is neither Republican or Conservative. Furthermore, Trump shows little knowledge of or respect for the U.S. Constitution. [In that respect, he's exactly like most high-level, national, "Establishment" politicians.]
8. At the Dem Convention, Obama claimed that Hillary was the most qualified candidate for President, man or woman, in our history. Please, Mr. President...you can't possibly be serious. Your statement bespeaks a lack of knowledge concerning the history of this Land...or, a deal you made with Clinton back when...or, who knows what.
Politics in the two major Parties (which really are only one Party) is nothing but the illusion of choice and a distraction from the truly significant issues affecting our country.
Not only my opinion. Be Well