Wednesday, November 9, 2016
A Con Artist Has Conceded to Another Con Artist!
It just goes to show you: no one can predict everything with accuracy. Mea culpa.
Trump borrowed a page from a man he can't stand, Obama: the Don sold a bit more than half the voters* on HOPE and CHANGE... with little to no details. I give Trump voters less than a year from January 20th before they become disgruntled. [I forget how long it took Obama voters to become disgruntled after January 20th, 2009.] *Later I discovered that he lost the popular vote.
The good news---
1. IF Trump was sincere, the TPP is dead.
2. The rule of the dictatorial, major political Parties may be over.
3. A war with Russia is now somewhat less likely...hopefully, much less likely.
4. If we're lucky, the Clintons are out of politics.
5. Wall Street is bewildered.
The bad news---
1. Trump's economic "plan" consists of only two parts: put the brakes on so-called "Free Trade" deals, and Trickle-Down Economics. Only the first part of that is good. The second part doesn't work because of false assumptions.
2. America's Police State will grow... especially if Giuliani is in the Cabinet.
3. Crony Capitalism will expand.
4. The economy will worsen. First will come the next Financial Crisis... soon.
5. The Super-Rich will get richer.
6. The Middle Class will continue to be hollowed out.
7. The Poor are just plain shafted.
8. The International Financial Coterie has won... the next Financial Crisis will make them even richer, and increase their Power.
The Asian Stock Markets already are taking a nosedive: the Nikkei is down almost 1,000 points; the Hang Seng is down almost 500. Let's see what happens when the NYSE opens... hopefully, not much.
Good Luck to Us All