This is my second rant regarding Corporatocracy computer tech whiz kids. In this case, here are some pointed questions/comments for the Google folks [I would have emailed these to them, but they don't allow a customer to do that.]---
1. Why do you have 89,000,000 [:)] "accounts" for ONE person?...a separate YouTube acct., a separate Blogspot acct., a separate Chrome acct., etc., ad nauseum.
Here's a thought---one person can have one account that's good for all the Google stuff. At the very least, you could allow us to have one User Name & password for all these separate accounts. Oh, I know---"security" issues. You let me worry about my security on all these innocuous websites of yours. There's nothing to secure!
2. Speaking of "security", stop telling me that I MUST choose another password because the strength of my choice is weak. Mind your own business. I should be able to use any password that I please.
3. Why do you insist on continuing to use a defunct, nonexistent email address for my Blogspot sign-in...& refuse to let me update it?
4. Do you purposely make creating an "account" difficult & incredibly convoluted? Do you have any common sense at all? I tried to set up an AdSense "account"; after an hour, I gave up.
5. Do you really believe that your "Help" pages are speaking to the lay person? Here's a clue: I have a Master's Degree, & half the time you may as well be speaking Greek to me. Have mercy...wake up. Not all of us are tech geeks.
6. Stop being so cheap---hire a bunch more people so you then can permit us to email you. The fact is, it appears as though you don't really care what problems your customers are having with your convoluted procedures. Just remember, we're the reason you're able to make money from your advertisers.
Now, sign out of this account, sign in to your Google account to get your verification number, then click on "Help", scroll down to "Numbers", take note of the Number in the red brackets, then sign out of your Google account, check your email, follow the link given in the email, then sign in to your XXXXXX account, scroll down to "Add Account", click on that, then sign out of that account, sign back in to your Google account, look for "Add Account, Step 2", then click on that, then sign in to your YYYYY account, look for the box that says, "Step 3", click on that, go to your email, click on the link, then look for "Step 4", then verify your ID by supplying a new password, then type in the code letters (that no one can read half the time), click on "Submit", then sign in to your Google account, scroll down, and then...
Hey, Whiz Kids--- creating an "account" should be a one-page, one-click process. Why are they "accounts" at all?---they're all free of charge. Oh, forgive me, I forgot--- you're tracking all of us and our interests, and then selling that info to advertisers. Are you selling or giving the info to anyone else?