For many years, I've seen an incredible amount of Edward Bernays-style propaganda foisted upon the inhabitants of this country. [That type of indoctrination aided our Gov't in overthrowing the democratically elected government of Guatemala in the '50s. The Feds did the same in Iraq, when Saddam worked for the CIA, and the same in Iran during that time period.] I've been here in the USA for a bit over seven decades, all my life, and love this land and its People... especially the American West. For decades, however, the U.S. Gov't (in collusion with mega corporations) has committed a long list of un-american activities. The list is so long, and still growing, that I can present only a few of those activities here today. The following are un-american...and are killing this country.
1. Holding suspects without any kind of trial for years and years is an obscenity. Gitmo is a shame. Even Bradley Manning was held for three years before a trial. This is as wrong as it can be...and violates our founding principles.
2. Murdering two American citizens, one of them a 16-year-old boy, is beyond an obscenity. His father was accused of running an Al Qaeda website and promoting jihad... so our President marked him for death. Never mind that Letters of Marque and Reprisal, permitted under our Constitution, can be issued only by the Congress. Why? Because that's too grave a thing to be left up to only one person. With the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act), any U.S. President now can have any American terrorist SUSPECT executed without a trial, even on our soil...that's according to several sources, including an article in Forbes. That violates the U.S. Constitution.
3. Ignoring the Constitution is a violation of the Supreme Law of the Land. It makes our elected officials truly Outlaws. The instances of such violations are so numerous that I couldn't complete a list of them if I worked on it for 24 hours a day for the rest of my life. That's my best guess, and I don't believe it's an exaggeration. Following are just a few examples of those violations.
4. The PATRIOT Act and spying on Americans--- meta-data mining, and worse. The Fourth Amendment states VERY clearly that we are to be secure in our persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures...unless there's a proper warrant..."particularly describing the place to be searched, and the person or things to be seized". You don't have to be an attorney to understand that; an eighth grader knows the meaning of it. The PATRIOT Act does not supercede the U.S. Constitution; no law does. It does, however, violate the Constitution; therefore, under our system of government, it is automatically null and void. Period.
5. Article I, Section 8, Clause 5 (if I recall the Clause correctly) charges Congress with the task of regulating the value of our money...but that duty was turned over to the newly created Fed Reserve by the 1913 Fed Reserve Act. That law, in effect, amended the Constitution without the formal Amendment process. The trouble is...no law supercedes the Supreme Law of the Land. The Fed Reserve is a system of privately owned banks...and the Fed Reserve Act was written by a group of private mega bankers. The conflict of interest is blatant. Supposedly, the FED is overseen by the Gov't...that's an utter, cruel joke. As Greenspan stated, back when, on a PBS News Hour interview, "No one has authority over us."...unfortunately, that's true. As the former House Representative, Alan Grayson, discovered in a Hearing with former Fed Chairman Bernanke, billions of dollars have been sent to banks overseas, but the Chairman didn't know exactly where it went...not even vaguely. There is almost zero accountability when it comes to the FED.
6. As I've pointed out before, there are only three constitutionally permitted uses of the U.S. Military. Two of them are so similar that I usually say there are only two. The Supreme Law of the Land permits our military to be used only for these purposes: to repel invasions; to quell insurrections [in this country]; and to enforce the Law of the Land [if some group is defying our law, as in the case of integration of schools in the South in the '60s]. To increase the number of uses of the military, our Gov't has passed laws such as the War Powers Act and the National Defense Authorization Act. The problem is...no law supercedes the Constitution. Our Outlaw Fed Gov't (those at the highest levels) is aware of that full well. So, all of the current uses of the military in policing the world, are blatantly unconstitutional. There is no question about that.
7. Treaties and other International Agreements, such as NAFTA, CAFTA, TAFTA, and the TPP, along with membership in organizations such as the WTO, the IMF, and the World Bank, virtually have given away or sold for a song a large portion of our sovereignty. I've discussed all that in other posts on this Blog; no time or energy to repeat it now. Through the use of propaganda, our Gov't and the Corporatocracy basically have sold us down the river via these mechanisms. It all sounds great when they sell it, but then wealth is transferred to the upper crust and jobs go overseas or South of the Border. Worse still, we become subjected to binding rules not created by our supposed representatives in DC.
8. Perpetual War, including the so-called War on Drugs, has turned this beautiful land into a Fascist State...the Constitution essentially has been shredded, privacy is becoming a thing of the past, and the super-rich are getting exponentially richer at our expense.
There is a better way... but first, we must stop drinking the Propaganda Kool Aid. [Do a YouTube Search for the 10-minute video, Financial Crime. That's a good start.]
Just my opinion.