These blog pieces should not in any way, shape, or form be viewed as "anti-American". The principles of We the People in the USA have not been represented by the Fed Gov't for decades. I'm talking about the principles of freedom, Free Market Capitalism, fairness, and justice. Our Gov't has been co-opted by a fairly disorganized (but nevertheless effective) Oligarchy whose members don't believe in any of those things. That has been going on for a very long time. The dissidents in America are far more patriotic than the Oligarchs can ever hope to be or care to be.
Now, on to the Bush-Obama Doctrines, Part II. [Many other Democrat and Republican Administrations could be included, but for clarity I'll stick with only those two.]
1. Dictators around the world should be opposed... unless, of course, they march to the tune of the U.S. Fed Gov't. Then they should be supported. [Example: the Feds fairly recently gave the military dictatorship of Egypt 1.5 BILLION dollars in aid. This is the same dictatorship that conducts court trials of hundreds of dissidents at once; each trial lasts about 30 minutes. This is the same dictatorship that overthrew a democratically elected government. Previous to all that, the Bush Administration gave similar amounts of aid to the Gov't of the dictator Mubarak.]
2. Continue to inundate the People with Edward Bernays style propaganda. [Examples: lies about NSA surveillance; lies about the health of our economy; lies about Oligarchs "creating jobs"; lies about the power of the Office of President; lies about the role of the U.S. in world affairs; lies about mega banks; lies about conflict of interest in DC; lies about so-called "Free Trade" Agreements; and many other items too numerous to list.]
3. Tell the People whatever you think it is that they want to hear... even if it's untrue, or utter nonsense. [Examples: "Saddam is linked to Al Qaida"; "Our troops will be out of Afghanistan by 2014"... a bit later--- "Our troops will be out of Afghanistan by 2016"; "This is not anything like our involvement in Vietnam"; "We will assure the People of Iraq and Afghanistan the right of free choice"; "They hate us for our Freedom"; "We're fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here"; "Our economy will collapse if we don't do this"; "Congress has NSA oversight"; "All NSA surveillance is authorized by a court...it's all legal and Constitutional" (no mention that it's the kangaroo, rubber-stamp FISA "court"... a secret court... and no explanation of exactly HOW/WHY it's Constitutional... because it isn't.); etc., etc., ad nauseum.]
4. Originate (Bush) and continue (Obama) the concept of the Unitary Presidency... an absurd, false principle concocted primarily by John Yoo, former Counsel to Dubya. It's basic premise is that the Office of President legally can bypass Congress, the Courts, or anybody when undertaking actions previously denied by our system of Checks and Balances in government. [Google: Unitary Presidency.] The result has been to convert the Office of President into that of a virtual King.
5. Prosecute war criminals and terrorists... unless, of course, those same people are in the U.S. Fed Gov't. [Richard Clarke, former Counterterrorism "Czar" under Clinton, and for a short time under Bush, has stated publicly that he believes some of the actions of Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld measure up to "war crimes". Noam Chomsky--- political dissident, political analyst, Professor Emeritus of M.I.T.--- has stated publicly that he believes the invasion of Iraq was in itself a war crime. Other prominent people in the world believe the same thing. I would ask this: did Iraq, a country that did not threaten or attack the U.S., and also a country that we supplied arms to in the '80s (including chemical weapons), have sovereignty in 2003 or not? Yes, Saddam was a brutal ruler; however, that has absolutely nothing to do with the Constitutionally permitted use of our military. Nothing at all. That war was completely unconstitutional. It was an exercise in NeoImperialism & Big Bullyism perpetrated by a President and supported by Senator Obama who both are puppets of the mega corporation Oligarchy. The Feds even provided tutorial conferences (relative to the war) for mega corporations, showing them how to belly-up to the Federal Money Trough, the Fed Gravy Train.]
6. Sign International Agreements relating to war crimes and terrorism... but exempt the USA's Gov't from being subject to any prosecution under their provisions. [That has been going on for decades. The Fed Gov't always has self-immunized itself from any such prosecution. That is understandable to some degree... until the Feds (as they often do) chastise some country or another for violating "International Law"... the Law to which the Feds are not subject... by their own insistence. That is completely bizarre.]
Out of time.