Monday, September 15, 2014
Problems with Obama's War Actions, and War Propaganda from the State-Corporate Complex
1. The White House (via their Press Secretary) declared war on ISIS; this despite the fact that the Executive Branch has no Constitutional authority to do so.
2. As in the period leading up to the Second Iraq War (2003), the public essentially is presented with two choices: do nothing, or go to war. Diplomatic proposals---involving Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, even Russia and others---are almost nonexistent. Cutting off funding to ISIS (coming mostly from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Kuwait) is nowhere to be found. Sanctions...nonexistent. Kerry's efforts appear to be gauged toward military coalitions only. Perpetual War grinds on.
3. Obama now claims "authority" (to [illegally] bomb inside Syria) from two War "Resolutions": the "War on Terror" and the Iraq War Resolutions of 10+ yrs ago. Those are derived from the War Powers Resolution Act---aka, the War Powers Act---of 1973. It's a Legislative Act that contradicts the Constitution. As I've pointed out many times, laws do not supercede the United States Constitution. Oligarchs, both in and out of our Gov't, use the War Powers Act to bypass the constraints of the Constitution; that's been going on for decades. This all means that Obama's "authority", just like Bush's "authority" was, is illegal and unconstitutional. Unfortunately, apparently We the People (aided by Propaganda from the Oligarchy) have come to believe that a "good end" justifies any means.
4. James Foley's mother has decried Obama's use of her son's death as an excuse for launching yet another war in the region. Furthermore, though the murders of both Foley and Sotloff were brutal, barbaric, and tragic, they posed no threat to the United States. The FBI has gone overseas in the past to investigate the murders of American citizens, and should do so now. It's a Law Enforcement issue.
5. The Free Syrian Army, a "moderate" group opposing Assad, recently beheaded six people they had captured. This is the rebel group that Obama and Kerry claim we need to support. The point: there are atrocities on both sides. In addition, I recently pointed out that the Gov't of Saudi Arabia executed 113 criminals in the last couple months by beheading them. In that area of the world, apparently beheading is considered an acceptable means of execution.
6. The average, nonmilitary Sunni in Iraq has seen Sunnis arrested, tortured, displaced, fired from jobs for no good reason, etc., etc. by the U.S.-backed, former Gov't of al-Maliki. Though the Iraqi Sunnis may abhor the tactics of ISIS, they tend to be drawn to them because of the post-war history of Shiites and Sunnis in Iraq. Now they see the U.S. Gov't bombing more Sunnis (ISIS). The point: it's a civil and sectarian war...and none of our business. [That's not Isolationism, it's Non-Interventionism...the difference between the two is important.]
7. The pro-war pundits on cable networks such as Fox, CNN, and MSNBC are presented as former Generals, military experts, etc. (which is true). What's left out is the fact that they currently work for various Defense contractors who stand to benefit greatly from the Third Iraq War. Examples: General Jack Keene and General Anthony Zinni.
8. Common sense should tell anyone that fighting ISIS inside Syria helps the brutal Assad regime. [This is not rocket science, people...it's simple logic.]
9. It's important to recognize that Obama and the State-Corporate Complex know precisely what they are doing. They know they are violating the Constitution. They know they have no business in a civil war. They know innocent people are being and will be killed. They know that the American public mind must be molded to accept yet another stupid war. They know who will benefit---mega transnational corporations.
10. None of this is a "conspiracy". For crying out loud, it's in plain sight. War is BIG Business--- just ask General Dynamics, General Electric, the Carlyle Group, Halliburton, Exxon-Mobile, CACI, the former Blackwater (now under a new name), McDonnell-Douglas, etc., ad infinitum. Follow the money.
Partly just my opinion. Be Well